Strategic planning in development of EMR
Step 1: set up strategy
In providing planning for automated system or using computer system in organization, its must for management department in organization provide basic infrastructure for working project in 5 to 10 years.
Management department must support to the staff that responsibility for planning, develop, providing budgeting training and maintenances system feasibility. For planning automated its must have strategic planning.Step 2: human resource planning
Using automated system bring changes from manual system to computer system. For makes sure this system effective, all staff must together work in management this system and prepare for received any changes and want to learning computer system.
A group of staff must have training for given responsibility from organization in planning and maintenance of computer project in organization. The staff should make a research and refer to reading material about system for taken of knowledge about the latest technology. We can do observation and questionnaire for identify all system that develop by all agency in the world.Step 3: identify objective of automated organization
The objective that have been identify are:
1. For providing effective registry services for creator agency. Users can find file that they want through online services and this method is easy for access file from registry without take along time in find of file.
2. For easy identify working of active record, semi active and non-active record through database system. From that it can make easy to organization in making retention schedule.
3. For easy processing of record in registry room organization. From that receiving of data about record can be done fast and effective.Step 4: identify needed of automation
Planning for automated activities we must identify latest needed and future in record management field. One group of working system must be built up for identify and research information system needed that we do in record management in feasibility the system. The below system should be consider:
1. Processing and registration also document classification that we received and we send out.
2. Maintenance index database file in registry
3. File processing in registry through arrangement from base on file series, distributing, and received back of active file, registration of active file, semi active and non active for providing purpose and feasibility of record retention schedule.Step 5: financial planning
For feasibility of computer record management, one agency or organization must prepare for budget their money for starting a system and maintenance also update a system for 10 years using. Computer system must be checking time by time for effective system and change with new hardware if the computer system is broken.Step 6: choosing of computer system
This criteria should be consider when we are choosing a system:
1. Hardware system can do a feasibility of record activities in organization through online between registry with main organization.
2. Hardware system can do accession activities, arrangement, description and access information in organization
3. Equipment can do all registry function in organization
4. Organization can pay their budget for maintenance system and improvement of systemStep 7: providing places
Computer system must have environment planning as air-condition room, telecommunication infrastructure, centralize electric system, security control for data and information in system and also security control from fire or robber on equipment.Step 8: development system and feasibility
Feasibility of system can be done followed:
1. New system must be clearly
2. Automated system must be work together with old system
3. Testing new system on specialize function for see the effectiveness
4, Feasibility the system step by step or follow the functionStep 9: user education
User and staff registry in organization must have training or teaching about computer system before automated system can be done.Step 10: future strategic planning
Every organization must identify a future strategy about using computer in organization. Its because infrastructure and equipment facility can be update suitable with needed and organization needed.